The Shambhala Shack will be offering daily Yoga and Yin yoga classes for all levels from Autumn 2018. Mats, bolsters, blocks, belts, etc. will be provided but you are also free to bring your own. An online booking facility will be added to the site closer to the time.
|06:30 – 07:45||Yoga||Yoga||Yoga||—||—|
|08:30 – 09:45||—||—||Yoga – II||Yoga – II||Yin + Yoga Nidra|
|10:00 – 11:15||—||—||—||Yin + Yoga Nidra||Soul Sundays|
|11:30 – 12:45||—||—||—||—||—|
|19:00 – 20:15||Yoga – II||Yin + Yoga Nidra||—||—||—|
|20:30 – 21:45||—||—||—||—||—|
- Yoga = Open to all levels.
- Yoga II = Regular practice for > 12 months.
- Yin = Open to all levels.
- Yin + Yoga Nidra = Open to all levels.
- Soul Sundays = Open to all levels.
Yoga and Meditations styles
- Yoga (Hatha) – The word “hatha” can be translated two ways: as the yoga of activity, and as “sun” (ha) and “moon” (tha), the yoga of balance. Hatha practices are designed to align and calm your body, mind, and spirit in preparation for meditation. Hatha yoga includes:
- asana – yoga postures
- pranayama – breathing techniques
- mantra – chanting or reciting
- mudra – hand gestures
- shatkriyas and shatkarmas – cleansing techniques
- visualisation techniques
- Yin Yoga – Delicate restorative practice based on the combination of Yoga asanas and Traditional Chinese Medicine. “It is the balancing practice for your yang style of yoga.” Yin Yoga targets the connective tissues, such as the ligaments, bones, and even the joints of the body that normally are not exercised very much in a more active style of asana practice. Suitable for almost all levels of students, Yin Yoga is a perfect complement to the dynamic and muscular (yang) styles of yoga that emphasise internal heat, and the lengthening and contracting of our muscles. Yin Yoga generally targets the connective tissues of the hips, pelvis, and lower spine. Props are utilised unsparingly and postures are held in a relaxed state.
- Yoga Nidra – Yoga Nidra, or yogic sleep as it is commonly known, is an immensely powerful meditation technique, and one of the easiest yoga practices to develop and maintain. While the practitioner rests comfortably in savasana (corpse pose), this systematic meditation takes you through the pancha maya kosha (five layers of self), leaving you with a sense of wholeness.
- Meditation (Mindfulness) – Mindfulness Meditation is a western, non-sectarian form of meditation derived from a 2,500 year old Buddhist practice called Vipassana or Insight Meditation. It is a form of meditation designed to develop the skill of paying attention to our inner and outer experiences with acceptance, patience, and compassion. Mindfulness meditation can help with managing anxiety and depression, bolstering the immune system, lowering blood pressure, reviving emotional wellness and improving overall happiness and well-being.
- Soul Sundays = 2.5 hours of intention setting, creative visualisation, Yin and Hatha yoga and Yoga Nidra – all to the sounds of soothing soul music. The perfect wind-down before beginning a new week.
Mailing list – Sign up to our mailing list HERE for information on upcoming classes & courses: Yoga for beginners, weekly Yoga, Yin Yoga and Meditation classes, Workshops, Retreats & guest teachers.