The Shambhala Shack is an ideal place to host day-long or overnight workshops of all kinds. The space is highly configurable and can be set up for yoga, group-work (sharing circle), dance and physical therapies. A treatment bench is available upon request.
The Shambhala Shack can offer the following workshops for you to include as part of your retreat:
- Intention setting – Formulating clear and useful intentions using the correct language.
- Hatha Yoga – Regular classes or workshops based on specific themes.
- Yin Yoga – Regular classes or workshops based on specific themes.
- Meditation – Mindfulness meditation:
- mindfulness of the body;
- mindfulness of feelings or sensations (vedanā);
- mindfulness of mind or consciousness (citta); and
- mindfulness of dhammās.
- Creative visualisation / Journeying.
- Deep listening – Various workshops / exercises based on the work of Pauline Oliveros.
- Social dreaming – Various workshops / exercises based on the work of Dr. W. Gordon Lawrence.
- Working with art therapeutically including eco-art workshops.
- Yoga nidra – “Yoga nidra is … a potent meditative resource for healing, insight, and empowerment. It’s a state of consciousness in which we are invited to re-encounter the essential truth of who we really are.” – Uma Dinsmore-Tuli
Full sets of yoga mats and props (blocks, bolsters, belts, blankets) are available for 12 people. A gym mat floor covering is also available.
Mailing list – Sign up to our mailing list HERE for information on upcoming classes & courses: Yoga for beginners, weekly Yoga, Yin Yoga and Meditation classes, Workshops, Retreats & guest teachers.