I teach 1-2-1 classes upon request, please get in touch to schedule.
Yoga and Meditations styles
- Yoga (Hatha) – The word “hatha” can be translated two ways: as the yoga of activity, and as “sun” (ha) and “moon” (tha), the yoga of balance. Hatha practices are designed to align and calm your body, mind, and spirit in preparation for meditation. Hatha yoga includes:
- asana – yoga postures
- pranayama – breathing techniques
- mantra – chanting or reciting
- mudra – hand gestures
- shatkriyas and shatkarmas – cleansing techniques
- visualisation techniques
- Yin Yoga – Delicate restorative practice based on the combination of Yoga asanas and Traditional Chinese Medicine. “It is the balancing practice for your yang style of yoga.” Yin Yoga targets the connective tissues, such as the ligaments, bones, and even the joints of the body that normally are not exercised very much in a more active style of asana practice. Suitable for almost all levels of students, Yin Yoga is a perfect complement to the dynamic and muscular (yang) styles of yoga that emphasise internal heat, and the lengthening and contracting of our muscles. Yin Yoga generally targets the connective tissues of the hips, pelvis, and lower spine. Props are utilised unsparingly and postures are held in a relaxed state.
- Yoga Nidra – Yoga Nidra, or yogic sleep as it is commonly known, is an immensely powerful meditation technique, and one of the easiest yoga practices to develop and maintain. While the practitioner rests comfortably in savasana (corpse pose), this systematic meditation takes you through the pancha maya kosha (five layers of self), leaving you with a sense of wholeness.
- Meditation (Mindfulness) – Mindfulness Meditation is a western, non-sectarian form of meditation derived from a 2,500 year old Buddhist practice called Vipassana or Insight Meditation. It is a form of meditation designed to develop the skill of paying attention to our inner and outer experiences with acceptance, patience, and compassion. Mindfulness meditation can help with managing anxiety and depression, bolstering the immune system, lowering blood pressure, reviving emotional wellness and improving overall happiness and well-being.
Mailing list – Sign up to my mailing list HERE for information on classes, workshops and retreats.